Cosmo recommends the following moves:
- A Hand in His Pocket -- "Slipping your hand into one of his back pockets can broadcast that you feel extremely close to him [...] This soothing sign of affection is especially great move to use if he's feeling nervous of anxious."
- A Lengthy Squeeze -- "Clutch one butt cheek firmly for a few seconds and all he'll be able to think about is ripping off your clothes [...] It's very animalistic, so it will make him want passionate, drawn-out sex."
- A Light Rub or Pat -- "He likes that flirty, light touch when he has other things going on [...] He'll take it to mean that you're thinking about him, but it's not so sexual or intimate that he'll feel like he has to devote all his attention to you."
- A Hard Spank -- "A swift slap lets him know you want to be in control right then, and most guys find that totally thrilling [...] he'll interpret a spank as a sign that you want to make the next move and call the shots."
Yet again though, Cosmo has omitted one major thing you can do to a guy's butt... you know... stick a little something up there, like a finger or a sex toy...
Why is it that Cosmo can give us FIFTY different ways to touch his penis... can write an entire article about lube... and give maybe 1,000 "brand new hot sex tips" every year... but all the while ignore the fact that anal sex (and anal play) exists? Both men and women are fans of anal... but only men have a prostate. Why does Cosmo want them to ignore it!?
In my entire Cosmo-reading lifetime (sure, I've missed a few months here and there), I've only seen one - yes, one - memorable reference to actual male ass-action. In the recently-mocked 50 Sexy Ways to Touch Him There", a sidebar "Manatomy Explained" described the various parts of the male anatomy and actually included the prostate.
A small gland that can be felt a few inches inside a man's rectum. Often called the male G-spot, it can feel good when stimulated.
I know! I was shocked too. Cosmo, advocating the stimulation of something inside a man's rectum!? Or forget "advocating"... Cosmo acknowledging that there's actually something inside a man's rectum to be stimulated! But then...
For a less, er, probing way to please it, see number 23.Ah. There it is. Because no self-respecting, fun-and-fearless Cosmo woman would ever want to do anything inside a man's rectum. Number 23's non-probing advice:
As you're cradling his testicles with one hand, place a knuckle from your other hand against his perineum (the super sensitive area between his testicles and anus), and vibrate it.
For whatever reason, anal play (you know, actual anal play and not just pernineal massage or... um, "vibrating") is often considered taboo or "gay", but it's actually quite common and enjoyable for men of all orientations.
For some tips on how to stimulate the prostate (from the inside or the outside):
- Anal Pleasure Guides (Eden Fantasys)
- The Male Hot Spot - Massaging the Prostate (Go Ask Alice)
- The Male G-Spot (AskMen.com)
- Prostate Orgasm (Prostate Massage and Health)
Some recommended anal toys and accessories (to use alone or with a partner):